View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The only difference in 0.7 is that calibre automatically recognizes books on your device that are also in your library and updates their metadata. Most people would consider that a good thing.
I missed this post by Kovid. No more mystery it performed as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonthus View Post
Yes I have, for stuff like books from Project Gutenberg I'd use the Sony software and add all of them to one collection because it was faster than importing into calibre since they were already in epub format.
When you try to use both Calibre and Sony software to manage books on your device your asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonthus View Post
Well I had just update calibre, so calibre is what I was doing!
You were obviously new to calibre because in any recent previous version as soon as you transferred any books via Calibre you would have noticed a bunch of collections added to your reader created from tags.

Kovid did document this new feature and linked to it in the first post of this thread.
Quote:
Incompatible changes
  • all the SONY drivers have been combined into a single driver, so if you previously customized a SONY driver, you will have to redo the customization.
    Also note that, calibre turns tags into collections, so it will create new collections for existing books on your reader, if they have tags but don't already have collections on the device.
    You can turn off this behavior by going to Preferences-> Plugins-> Device Interface plugins and customizing the SONY plugin.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-05-2010 at 12:29 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote