View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Doesn't surprise me at all that people would lie about this. I've always been wary of these polls that put books like "War and Peace" at the top of peoples' "favourite books" list. I wonder how many people have read it? I haven't.

Have to agree about 1984, though. Damn good book. Why lie about it? Just read it!
I've read 'War and Peace' - a Penguin edition, I forget the translator - but it was a cracking read!!
It's long, but doesn't deserve the 'difficult' tag it often gets imho.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-06-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote