View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #14
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaddictions View Post
I'm trying to work within Calibre primarily but occasionally the formatting fails a bit and I try to drop back and fix the original text files manually. I'm working off some info from an older post on this forum and so this post is more about pre-Calibre editing.
I format my plain text originals using Markdown syntax. Calibre has a Markdown option in text conversion, (TXT Input - Paragraph style: off, Formatting style: markdown), which automatically takes care of paragraphs which span multiple lines; and no regex needed.

If you do want to force a hard-break in a paragraph then you simply add 2 trailing spaces to a line.

Last edited by Agama; 07-21-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote