View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
OpenDyslexic is not a "wacky" novelty font. It actually helps people with the learning disability dyslexia read better. If you don't have dyslexia, you are not the target audience, although some people without dyslexia do enjoy it.

For more info: http://dyslexicfonts.com/
As part of my work, I do computer support for quite a few special needs children. We have used OpenDyslexic as a font choice working with dyslexic teens though the results have been mixed. One of the SEAs (special education assistants) I deal with has been a big fan of the Eulexia font for the last while.

The problem I have with Kobo's implementation and which makes me regard it as a short step from useless is that it has not been modified sufficiently to improve it's appearance on an eInk screen. Comparing a book opened in ADE with either OpenDyslexic or Eulexia to the same book opened on a Kobo Glo, the difference is very noticeable. Until those improvements have been done, it is just another novelty font in my not so humble opinion.

I did play with the Eulexia font in it's TTF version doing some darkening and tweaking and it looks better on the Kobo's screen. Still not very usable but did have the advantage it was usable on a Touch.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote