View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #92
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
@HarryT
Fansubbing appeals to a limited segment of society. Yes, it is piracy if using a strict definition. But since no one else is offering these shows to people who want to watch it, there is no real economical loss to the copyright holder. The shows I have looked at has all been horrible in their translation, so I turned it off in less than 10 minutes.
@Belfaborac
Seppuku to be truly efficient should be a voluntary act, enacted in front of your peers and superiors. In those cases were seppuku was ordered by superiors there was always doubts as to their true motivation for the act.
By the strictest definition it is not.

Because the works in question typically are not copyrighted outside of their country of origin. So no, no harm no foul until such a time as the creators want to pay for the copyright.

Copyright is not (nor should it be) free.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote