View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
thetaoofrecovery
thetaoofrecovery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
Have you actually found that any of the Kindle books you are using have limited your access to copy sections of the book to kindle.amazon.com/your_reading -- or are you only worried about the possibility that one might do so? I'm wondering whether you're solving a possible limitation or one actually experienced. If you've experienced it, what is the limitation -- how much of that book's text did the publisher allow you to copy freely through amazon.com before limiting further access?
I actually experienced this...the statement is a cut and paste from the My Highlights section of the website...those who are suggesting cut and paste aren't getting it...it works but DRM limits this option.

There is obviously a file created but it appears to be a companion rather than separate file and so figuring out which is the correct file is difficult to impossible given the rather esoteric file naming system for the ebooks. Honestly this is looking more and more like a ridiculous oversight and real limitation of this device.
thetaoofrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote