View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob View Post
Could I kind soul please provide some instruction on how to display author listing main screen left side in the form: LastName, FirstName, Book Count - presently list is sorted correctly according to Lastname but shown as bookcount, FN, LN,

with over 200 authors, this would greatly help my workflow.....
If I understand correctly you are wondering how to change the look of the Authors in the Tag browser. If I am correct in this assessment the only way to do it is to change the author field to last name, first name and leave the author_sort field as last name, first name.

You can do this by setting this tweak to "copy."

# The algorithm used to copy author to author_sort # Possible values are:
# invert: use "fn ln" -> "ln, fn" (the original algorithm)
# copy : copy author to author_sort without modification
# comma : use 'copy' if there is a ',' in the name, otherwise use 'invert'
# nocomma : "fn ln" -> "ln fn" (without the comma)
author_sort_copy_method = 'invert'

Then right clicking the any author in the tag browser, selecting manage authors and editing the 200 entries in the author side to match the author_sort side or using the new features in the next release and copying the author_sort field to the author field (I'll let someone else explain this).

Of course this changes your author field in the library to last, first too. All future entries should be entered last, first and they will be copied to the author_sort field as entered in the author field.

Personally i like the first, last look and really don't think changing it would help my workflow in the least, but now you know how to do it.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-28-2010 at 12:22 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote