View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Potential buyer, Jetbook Original Q's

Hi All,

I am rather intrigued about the Jetbook Original (not Lite) and the LCD screen. I have a few questions I'm hoping someone could answer.

1) Does the JB support font resizing with epubs? I read on the Ectaco forums that it didn't support it with epubs at the moment.

2) The two fonts available are Arial and Verdana. Can I install a serif font, like Times New Roman?

3) The manual mentions the use of a special AC charger, is this just a normal AC-USB charger? And the USB cable, is it an ordinary usb cable? It is mentioned as a dual data/power cable and to buy one from Ectaco is $39.95AUS.

4) I understand the JB uses FBReader and I realise its limitations. Will epubs (built correctly) display fully justified? I ask as the screen shots I see shows all text left-justified.

5) Battery life, times vary etc, but what would one expect when reading epubs? IIRC the 20+ hours was reading .txt, would I see a time drop reading epubs?

6) Lastly, firmware. I see a few comments about people waiting for a firmware update for the original JB. What are the major issues with the current firmware? Is it just lack of DRM support (not an issue for me)?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote