View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
[QUOTE=Dylrob;685797]I also wonder how difficult it would be to install one of those DIY screens into an existing netbook?

I am kinda curious myself. Might be interesting once we see what is really going to be offered. I kinda like the idea...man I would LOVE a 17" XGA+ version!! hehehehee....

Quote:
Just keep in mind that the Pixel Qi technology is only full color in its backlit state. The reflective state is at least mostly desaturated.
yup, been that way since day one...and I don't mind it at all, I am spoiled with the nice transflective display on my clie nx73v but even on it the color is far from vibrant and quite desaturated but very usable. There is the hint of color but yet, well not. I like the tech here and this is one of the rare cases I do not mind buying into and early adopter situation because it is such promising direction for all of our devices, not simply ebook readers or netbooks. I almost wonder if the mid-to-end of 2010 will be the year we see real strides in low power color panel tech?

The only weak spot I saw in those initial video demo's was the ability to used the panels in that "tweener" area of shade but still outside. As I remember it, they had to wander pretty far into the dark hallway to be able to read the panel as well.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote