View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I'm not interested in a netbook, but I am interested in some true tablet devices with Pixel-qi touch screens and seeing what they can do.

I need something I can read and mark up A4 PDFs on, that also has a quick refresh rate so I can flip through quickly when reviewing articles I already read, has no lag in the stylus writing (unlike e-ink touch screens to date) etc. And if it is color and can do internet, video, PDA etc. that would be the icing on the cake.

But I want it in something roughly the size of a Kindle DX. And not a netbook with keyboard as I already have PCs and Laptops that serve my needs on that front.
i agree...but I am willing to give those bi-curious convertible netbooks a look see. I would not mind having a more multi-function device as at least an option. I am already getting a Pocketbook 360 for reading novels. But a nice Pixel Qi based full color tablet would be just great perfect for reading reference books. I can hardly wait for this coming CES. I wish I could attend but those days are long gone for me. Just not up to that much effort.

I am also looking to what Pocketbook's large format reader is going to be like as well. But I do expect to hold off until we see the K3 as well as The Que and other readers based on the new plastic substrate panels. Even if they are only B&W if they could just get to 256k greyscale that would not be awful. But I bet we see full color before the end of next year anyway.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote