Thread: Accessories Best Case-Agnostic Light
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Lightbulb

I have the Mighty Brite also and I find it to be fine for the Kindle2 as far as lighting goes. Even at the single light setting I get quite adequate lighting over the whole page and, with care, I can position it to a non-reflective location.

However, as far as portability, not so good. I purchased the light with the idea that it would allow me to read in dimly lit restaurants and I discovered that; 1) Since I normally carry my Kindle2 in an Amazon Cover without any bag or anything the light is not convenient. Adds quite a bit of weight and flops around unless I hold it correctly while walking about. 2) Once in the restaurant holding the Kindle2 plus light is considerably heavier, think mid-sized hardbound book weight instead of paperback weight.

For reading in bed I've discovered that the light shifts position when I do and requires frequent readjustment which is just annoying.

I suspect that for the DX the Mighty Brite, with its second light, would provide excellent lighting across the entire page.

All in all the Mighty Brite gets a 9 on lighting, a 4 or 5 on weight, and a 4 or 5 on convenience.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote