Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #354
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
So is the back of the smart cover shaped like the back of the Aura?
I received my sleep cover this morning - yes it has the unusual zigzag-shaped back - the 'hills' and 'valleys' are not very pronounced though. I haven't received the reader yet so I can't do any better comparisons.

In addition, for anyone who's interested, the back cover is a plastic box cradle - no leather covering at all. The front cover is flat and has a soft-feel matte-black leather outside cover (with 'kobo' embossed in the bottom right corner) and a slightly fuzzy-feel inside cover. The front cover will bend right back on itself for one-handed reading. The fuzzy interior has some traction so shouldn't slide all over the place if you prop it on your knee for no-handed reading. There is a magnetic closure but no fastening strap. Good - no strap to get in the way. Bad - may not be as secure holding it shut in a stuffed bag. Only time will tell which.

I weighed it - it's 104g - which is just about the same weight as my Kobo Glo Gecko Slimfit sleep cover.

Finally, is it worth £40 GBP? No. Are there likely to be lots of 3rd-party alternatives any time soon? I wouldn't have thought so if the AuraHD really is a limited edition model.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote