View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #112
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I haven't seen anyone saying the book part being closed was a problem.
I have.
Here's a typical view:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...gered-species/

Quote:
Nook apps only work on Nook devices, and Nook ebooks only work with Nook apps and Nook hardware. The people in charge at B&N think their products are so great that they want to lock customers into buying content solely from them.
Just as there are people who want Amazon to support their non-Kindle eink readers, there are also people who wish Nook Media ePubs were readable on non-Nook readers. There is some logic to it, given that they are an ePub vendor and their use of eReader DRM instead of Adept forces people that want to buy ebooks from them to use their readers or apps and keeps out people who would otherwise buy from them to support their generic Adept reader; Kobo, Onyx, Pockebook, etc. It gives the appearance that they are leaving money on the table.

On the other hand, they did license their DRM through Adobe so unless the license comes with unreasonable fees, I would rather blame the device vendors for limiting *their* devices by not supporting Nook DRM.
(Shrug)

Me, I'd rather ding them for making their Kids books only readable on the tablets. Or for the split between the Nook apps and the Nook Study app. A lot of what (the barely promoted) Nook Study does would make the Nook Reader App a lot more desirable to a lot of people. Or the device apps, for that matter. They need to synchronize all their features and file types so that all ebooks and all features are available on all supported platforms.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote