View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Can I add/replace fonts on Kobo Glo?

Now that Amazon has to all intents and purposes completely locked the Paperwhite with its new firmware I'm looking around for another reader with lighting. Kobo looks better than the Nook.
The prime reason why I hacked any Kindle was to be able to choose my own fonts. I'm very picky when it comes to fonts and all standard Kindle fonts are ugly. Now I've found this unimpressive list of fonts on the Glo:
Amasis*
Avenir*
Caecilia
Georgia
Gill Sans*
Gothic MB101
Kobo Nickel
Malabar
OpenDyslexic
Ryumin

My question is: do you need a hack to add fonts of your own? If so, is there a fonthack? Or is there a simpler way to add or replace fonts, which do not involve tampering with root?
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote