View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
Samsung Galaxy Note - after a first week

All the mobile gadgets in my posession are utilized 60% on book reading, 30% on web surfing and some other things like notes, diary etc. So I thought of sharing a few lines about the new Samsung's toy here.
  1. Usability - Gui
    I was very frustrated at first probably because this is my first android device and it resembles iPhone. Right, I am using iPad for quite a time. To put it short the usability improved very much when I found that android has special menu and back keys
    The weight is just right. I can keep it in my hand very long whereas my k3 with cover feels a bit too heavy.
  2. Screen
    Awesome! The screen adjust the light appropriately to environment condition. The pixel resolution and AMOLED high contrast makes reading very easy. I was reading on it for 3-4 continous hours without any eye strain where on iPad I have a feeing of dizziness after about one hour. I believe that the "clear" picture does matter for reading experience.
  3. Pen
    Again awesome! I love to make highlights and notes using the pen. It has a sharp point and does not require applying presure so it brings easy, natural pointing experience with high accuracy.
  4. Multitasking
    Although the device specs seems very strong the multitasking is not Holding the home button a list of running apps show up, you can easily switch between them. The problem is that apps loose it's state without your consent. For example I open a browser navigate somewhere on the web, then I open a notepad and write something. Going back to browser and forth to notepad seems working... however if I stay long browsing the web and then switch back to notepad I do not see my unsaved note anymore. It is even clearer if I use another app like book reader, then switching back to browser shows only starting page, switching back to book reader shows starting page... etc. Something wierd is going on with regards to multitasking vs application state and I do not see how I could configure it. Why the apps do not save the work temporairly or prompt you to do so?

So summarizing, if you are looking for great reading experience I can give my word you would be satisfied
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote