View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnArchibaldArk View Post
There is practically no assistance, almost not at all... When I asked something I have usually received no answer. I think they simply do not have any assistance: their technicians are not supposed to be in contact with the customers, the only person who is authorised to keep contacts with customers (a lady, in my experience) does not have any technical skill and, finally, it is even possible that their technicians (based in China) do not speak English enough to provide assistance.
I hope someone will tell me, and prove me, that all I have just said is wrong.
According to my experience, and to the situation so far, buying a product from these gentlemen can become a nightmare. I did, and I am owing a device which so many problems as if it was a prototype, well before the stage of introduction into the market. If this is the way China is approaching the Hi-Tech western market, including Australia, where I live, then I hope that this unfair, unethical and consumer insulting strategy will turn into a business demolishing boomerang. They would deserve it.
Is it all so wrong and bad with the M90? Not at all! It is a pleasure reading on such a nice screen! But I am waiting the moment when everything will crash, when the screen will simply die, or any really major problem will happen. At that point I will write, write again, call the USA office, communicate with their main office in China, perhaps start some legal action, definitely write hundreds of e mails to all the Hi-Tech magazines of the Western world, write to all the Consumers' Associations I will be able to reach, and who knows what else... Well, if I were you, if you still can, I would avoid the nightmare.
I vowed to my virginity (kidding) that I would never buy another Chinese e-reader product IF IF IF IF there's any other 9.7" pearl device available other than da Kindle!

sadly, there's still non around.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote