View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Probably worth mentioning that some ,not all, but some of the problems seem to be related to side loaded books and corrupt DB files that have little to do with the kobo update. I know I painlessly updated 2 kobos but the third one was a bit of a pain for some reason
Actually they have everything to do with the update IMO. I had a meltdown on the beta forum when I discovered the USB update neither validated DB integrity nor upgraded it to kepub format. Had we beta testers been given the opportunity to fully test the USB upgrade path, I think many if not most of the issues would have been caught.

Turns out there are technical reasons why kepub conversion wasn't possible, but I did give the devs an alternative method for next go-around.

Live and learn...
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote