View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I have suggested that they are a grand idea for young technologies, a very good idea for handheld electronics - and I have explained rather completely how judicious use of these things has been beneficial to me personally.

Apparently it must be a personal affront to some that this could POSSIBLY be a positive and/or beneficial idea and those same folks feel they MUST tear any such idea down and PROVE what a BAD IDEA it is.

To each their own I say - and you will not find me tracking down something that you consider positive JUST for the purposes of exuding negativity and tearing down your ideas...for a multitude of good reasons !
I don't think people have been intending to be quite as nasty as you seem to have taken their posts.
Insurance is a good idea if the cost of replacement would be difficult to come by, or cause personal hardship. This will obviously be a different price point for different people. For me it is house and car, but not iPad or washing machine, for example.
If you can afford to replace an item if it breaks, it will be cheaper long term not to buy the insurance.
I think the quibble is not with whether it is a good choice for you personally, but whether it is suitable advice to give to everyone else, whose circumstances may well be different to yours.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote