Thread: Which to Get...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Cruze_Jr View Post
I've been trying to decide which BeBook would be the best to get: the BeBook One for $249, or the BeBook Neo for $299. Both look like good, solid reading platforms.

Which one would you folks recommend and why?

Thanks in advance!
BeBook One is in the market for more than 18 months.
Advantages:
- There have been tons of firmware updates, all known flaws have been eliminated.
- There are various 3rd party firmwares. Very evolved, for example offering DRMed ePUB AND DRMed Mobipocket - at the very same time.
Disadvantages:
- Don't expect much evolvement anymore. What you'll get now won't change much anymore.
- There are some nice features, for example Microsoft lit support. But over all, one can't help but recognise the age of 18 months.

In general, I'd say BeBook One already is too expensive, considering the age and somewhat limited/dated capabilities.
I'd always go for the newer unit (= BeBook Neo) as the first reader. It may be different for the 2nd or 3rd reader. A friend of mine just bought another Sony 505 -for "nostalgic" reasons- to replace his defective unit.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote