View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #470
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Just got the Complete Enchanter by Pratt and De Camp on audible. One of my favorite books and the very first ebook that I ever bought (originally on my palm pilot from I think Peanut Press. They, of course, went belly up and abandoned the format, leaving me with a book I couldn't read, which convinced me to stick with only buying books in formats that were amiable to format shifting. As far as I know, the book is no longer available in ebook format). I've moved it to the top of my reading list, so it's next up after the book that I'm currently listening to (Patricia Brigg's Hunting Ground).

Just finished the 6th book of Zelazny's Amber series, i.e. the first book in the Merlin Cycle. Wil Wheaton reads the Merlin Cycle and I think he is very good. For some reason, I never read the last 5 books of the Amber series. I read the first 5, the last one coming out in 1978, but the 6th book didn't come out until 1985 and was his first book in 3 years. I did enjoy the book, recommend it and have already bought book 7 and stuck it in my listening queue. To an extent, I think that Zelazny was still using the style of writing that was popular in the 60's and 70's but people were moving away from by the 80's. Michael Moorcock wrote in a somewhat similar style.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote