View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Where can I put that template down then? I have a save template that is exactly the same for all my devices and formats (that's why I made a field for it, a lot easier to copy than the entire template string :P)
In the smart device plugin preferences (preferences -> plugins -> device interface plugins -> SmartDevice App.
Quote:
I only want to use the companion to move books from my library to my device, I do the management on my Mantano reader. And I mostly have the plugboard for my author and title sort and my tag.
I suggest that you give CC's organizer a try. It can launch the mantano reader. Its search/group/sort facilities are much stronger, directly using calibre's metadata including custom columns.
Quote:
(content server file name) Can I change that format?
No.
Quote:
I do like the companion because I don't even need to sit behind a PC anymore now.. I can connect via remote desktop (on my tablet) to the PC where Calibre is installed, start Calibre, start the wireless connection, start the companion and then send my books via calibre via remote desktop
That is an excellent solution to the "must be in front of calibre's keyboard" problem.

Another that works in many cases is the reading list plugin. You can tell reading list to "sync" a list to a device when that device connects. This sync happens without any user interaction with calibre, meaning it can happen at distance.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote