View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
This is interesting. I am a Debian Linux user. Is this possible using Debian Linux? My husband is a DD and could help me if he knew where to start looking for "how to".
Hacking the PRS-T1?
A place to start is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154285

It is almost as easy as copying a file over.

1- You choose which zip file to download, and you extract it to a folder.
2- Then you connect the reader in data transfer mode to the PC via usb and run a batch file.
3- The reader reboots, you unplug it, and you're good to go.
That easy.

Will it work from inside LINUX? Dunno...
It might work from inside Wine.

Some (advanced) users have done it by hand so if your "minion" is proficient enough it should be doable.

But since the thing takes, like, 5 minutes, maybe you could just get access to Windows PC at a library or internet cafe?

It adds real value to the T1 and makes it more than just another generic epub reader.
The result is not quite an android tablet (not enough app space for more than a handful of apps) but it expands the range of what you can do with it; install Kindle and/or Audible, or Nook, or Kobo, or music apps like Pandora andor LastFM...

Worth looking into.
Plus, you can always un-root if you prefer the stock config.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-04-2012 at 11:53 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote