View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I was referring to onboard storage and screen resolution. They obviously want people to purchase the 8 inch for $299. The specs are slightly better than ipad mini for $30 less. But 16GB and only 188dpi.
For people with 20/20 vision or better, high resolution screens are a good thing. For the rest of us, anything much over 200 ppi is a waste and actually becomes a negative. Many apps don't take the screen resolution into account when laying out the screen and the fonts are hard to read and selection buttons are to small/close together to tap. High resolution screens also require more cpu and battery power.

I think the 188 ppi of the 8 inch jis ust about right for meand the rest of the specs suit me just fine. The 10.9 ounce weight will probably be enough to get me to buy it.

Regards - Jabby
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote