View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike56 View Post
All of the styling is on a stylesheet. I followed some tutorials, and this is what I did:

I have a main.css file with all the classes, for example

.indent
{
text-align: left;
indent: 1em;
}

Then I have .xhtml files (where the book is written) with this code

<link href="../Styles/main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

and all the paragraphs that I want indented are

<p class="indent">TEXT</p>

I've avoided any inline styling, it's all defined in the external sheet, so I'm going to blame the big companies for these weird results. It wouldn't be the first time an apple product (or any other big company product) has given me trouble.
Mike:

Make sure you remove the text-align:left. That will come back to you and Amazon will make you redo the book to remove any "forced" alignment in large blocks of text. If you only used it in a few places--say, a chapter head--fine. But if you have large swaths of body text set that way, you'll get dinged. I would have mentioned this earlier, but I didn't understand that you were using it a lot. If you are...don't.

With regard to the other issue, it's simply that browsers and ebook-readers work from front to back. AND, Apple and Amazon don't play well together. If you think this is bad, try making books for the iBooks app. That will make your eyes bleed.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote