View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The problem with a service such as this is that while many people listen to thousands of songs every year, and watch hours of TV every day (hence find a music/vieo subscription service of genuine use) the number of people who read more than a handful of books in a year is very small. I suspect that a book subscription service will not prove to be commercially viable. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong. Time will tell.
I think the successful services will come from those who already have the catalogue and the delivery mechanism and who can combine it with some other value proposition. Amazon already do this with Kindle books borrowing for Prime owners, and I could see Google and Apple doing something similar.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote