View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
The premise didn't bother me so much . . .

as the "Deus ex machina" ending. Like I said, I think the story could be reworked with almost the same premise and theme so that the ending isn't, well, stupid, and that there is room for a sequel or two.

I really liked the politics, prejudices, and slow decay of the Hegemony to carry a series of books. I liked how the Shongairi would be at the mercy of the humans and the moral dilemma that presents. I like how the Shongairi seem to view the Hegemony more as prey than as partners.

This is a really good universe for a series of stories that have been short circuited by bad judgement on the part of the author.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote