View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 02:57 PM   #27
Tommy
Enthusiast
Tommy began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad, Sony 505
Hi All,
Currently I'm still reading on/with the good old GEB2200, but I'm really tempted to go for one of the E-ink thingies, but I'm not yet decided whether it should be the Sony or my Dutch neighbour.

From the photos Larry kindly provided I'd think the Ereadier is quite handy and better to my gusto (I still have an even older rocket ebook, ahh how perfectly that widget fit my hand... and you could even rotate the text.... maybe it's worth having a look at it once again :-)

So, one of the things I'd like to know is whether anyone has heard anything from sony when/if they will ship their reader to Europe? (My last glance didn't reveal anything in that direction)

And further, is there anyone who plugged his reader (Ereader vs Iliad) to a Linux box? And how? What are the experiences?
For the GEB I need to start Gemstar's converter(using wine under Linux) in order to get my source file into that imp-format of theirs... and in the long run it's just a pain in the a*, as compared with the prospect to simply copy any HTML or PDF to the device.

Best Regards and happy reading (and be it on paper),
Tommy

Last edited by Tommy; 10-18-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote