View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Why I Still Need Hard Copy Books

I was called for jury duty starting today. The summons said no cell phones permitted. As I am going through security the deputy ask me what is in my hand. I tell her it is my book. She informs me that no electronic devices period are allowed in the courtroom. Except for Lawyers, who are allowed to have them and cell phones.
I had to take the book back to my vehicle. Now I am freaking out and wondering what I am going to do while waiting for the selection process to begin.
The judge did excuse me from serving though. No not because of my electronic book.
I was excused since I am not allowed to sit for long periods of time due to my Prostate Cancer Treatment. And yes I did have a Doctor's Excuse. I did let the Judge know that I would like to be called for Jury Duty after I have recovered from my treatments.
Next time I will make sure to have at least two paperback books with me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote