View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Angry Book covers suddenly disappeared - argh!

I thought this problem was previously posted but a search resulted in no threads.

I have about 30 side-loaded .mobi books that have resided and displayed perfectly on the bookshelf since day one of receiving my Fire (15Nov). This afternoon, I navigated to the bookshelf and found that all but five of my books are now blank and white -- the cover art is suddenly gone. The carousel still displays the cover art of the books but not the bookshelf.

I have tried syncing, rebooting (three times) deleting and re-loading, and they still appear without cover art when originally they displayed normally. There are numerous threads about this problem, without solutions, on some Amazon forums.

Now when I side-load a new, previously not loaded book, it appears normally with cover art.

Any ideas why, all of a sudden, nearly all my loaded books have lost the cover art and I am unable to restore it? This is extremely annoying, to say the least.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote