View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #41
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
Fair enough! I will expand on my previous pseudocode and try to be as detailed as I can be. There is no hurry for this anyway.
The pseudocode looks good. It will sit in this thread until I pick it up. I've got main code work (merge custom fields), rtf conversion code, and this on my list, plus problems with the memory in my development machine - this weekend I'll tackle at least one or two of those, and get back to this when I have a chance. I learned several useful new things doing this recipe. It's a bit beyond most recipe work, so it's interesting, even though I don't use it.

Quote:
Could it be because it does not navigate to the feed urls with the same method that you have overridden and used some other method. That way the override code to insert the header would not be executed.
Possible, but I think it's unlikely. The overridden method is used in essentially the same way in my GoComics code. I'll admit, I don't know for sure - it's based on Kovid's pseudocode. I haven't had a chance to fully track down how it functions.

Quote:
May be we should ask the other devs to add support for checkboxes or a dropdown of options in recipes as it is possible that some users will not like the idea of marking the posts read. It would be great to have that option under user control but I dont know how hard it will be from a code point of view. We only need to store and read the state of the checkbox/dropdown/other controls. May be you can contact someone who can give an informed answer.
I've previously posted on the desirability of providing additional user controls in recipes. I've written code that stores and retrieves options in the main GUI, but never looked at whether this could be done in a recipe. Until then, we can just use the multiple recipe method.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote