View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #36
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Interesting. I find that I am seldom attracted in a "want to be in a relationship sense" to any woman who doesn't read. Being a guy, I have had brief relationships based on other things that appeal, but with one exception they didn't last for very long. The one exception lasted a little over two years - I was obsessed with her but we had so little in common that it eventually disintegrated. She owned no books and had only read three in her adult life that were not associated with her career. I have also noticed that all of my longer term relationship were with women who liked puzzles, particularly cryptic crosswords.

We all have likes and dislikes and need at least some of those to be reflected in a long term partner. As long as the personal tastes of a partner aren't too disparate we can generally get along. For instance I couldn't live with anyone who wanted to play RAP/HipHop in my hearing, but I don't mind if they aren't as fond of Jazz or classic Rock as I am.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote