View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #25
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
Just wondering whether it would be worth it to rewrite this for a k4 as it seems to cause a bit of confusion, also, with Win7 I found that some of the steps didn't quite work/or weren't needed. Also, I personally had a lot of trouble with the libusb step, I can't quite remember how I fixed it, so if you have any ideas on that they would be appreiciated
A lot more specific details are provided in the "simple debricking" sticky thread. The "SMALL
guide" was never meant to contain all details for all corner cases. If we had specific versions of this guide for each firmware version of each kindle model with each versions of each host PC operating system, there could be a massive collection of these "small guides". If instead we ammended the guide to add all corner cases to it, it would no longer be small (or particularly simple).

Now, with that said, what VERSION of win7 are you using? Is is a x86 version or an x64 version? Did you run it in a Virtual Machine? What version of libusb did you use? What problems did you have installing it? How did you solve them? It would be a LOT easier for you to retrace your steps and document what you did, that somebody else to do it for you who does not have your memories. But, it WOULD be a nice contribution to the debricking process if you could document how you solved your problems.

Does anybody else know how to document the problems that Aleyest said he can't remember how he solved, so that others do not have the same problems that Aleyest had? Without more details, I know that I cannot. Sorry about that.

Perhaps you can get together with silver18 and suggest some specific changes that he can make to his document to make his documentation more robust?

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote