View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I've used my iPad for school. Fortunately, my school uses VitalSource Bookshelf for our e-textbooks and that has an iPad app. That thing has been a lifesaver for me more than once. I also have Pages on it, and have emailed files back and forth from the iPad to my PC and been able to open/use them. Here's a scenario I've done:
Chris and I decide to take off to Naperville on a Saturday afternoon, but I have a paper to research and write. What to do? Email the instructor-supplied PDF with the case file to the iPad (I set up a gmail acct. specifically for the iPad just for this purpose). Use the iPad to read the case PDF, and use Pages to type up my notes / research (using Safari, of course), while we're on the interstate. An hour and change travel each way gives me some good uninterrupted reading/research time. Amazingly enough, I find it much easier to type on the iPad than I did on my netbook that had a full physical keyboard....no idea on that one but I'm relieved that it's that way.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote