View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post

I have a question about the mouse vs. touch input. Based on your note about the "drag & tap" can I assume the VNC client doesn't translate a tap on the iPad into a mouse & click in the client app at the location you tap? If it doesn't do this I could really see it getting old fast.
Sorry, I wasn't clear-yes, tapping the mouse cursor is a click, tapping twice, right click. There are other settings actually to move around the screen as well.
All the parts are there? Kind of like you'd expect in a mouse-to-touch translation? I mean, I commend LogMeIn and the guys who made Screens for making the interface work at all :P But, it is frustrating at times. I'd say for what I use it for (checking on Word/Excel files I don't have access to on the go, getting files-I just drag them to Dropbox, very convenient!), etc... it is a nice app to have.

Running a computer on it? I thought I would do that more at home actually?
You know, lie on my couch with the iPad, and access my Mac remotely? Sadly, it is *still* easier to just get up and use the Mac. For me at least.

You may be happier with a full fledged slate that has total functionality, not just access, if you know what I mean.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote