View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
1gig ram for the OS and the data would be fine. It needs a larger then 10" screen (12" min) in order to handle US Letter size PDF. And the PDF display software should allow zoom if the reader wants so people with not so good eyesight can read the PDF just fine. It should support PDF, DE, LIT, KRF, MobiPocket, and eReader, RTF with full graphics support and bookmark support. and full HTML/XML.

16 shades would be enough for the diagrams/illustrations/pictures. I'd also like to have proper font support. Meaning you can install whatever fonts you want to use. I don't know which book format is best but I want it to come with software to allow me to make books and take advantage of the full format capabilities of whichever format I choose to output. I want a fast enough processor that will allow embedded fonts not to slow down page turns.

For extra storage, make it compatible with Compact Flash. The type that allows the hard drives. Forget SD and memory stick.

A keyboard on board like the Libre has with the ability to plug in an external keyboard.

Fully open so anyone can develop anything for the device with the ability to boot back to a working system if it bricks.

When it's plugged into the USB port, it should be another drive with the ability to have a hierarchical file system.

wfi with 802.11g would be fine. No need for wired.

A stylus to replace the mouse.

And an easily replaceable rechargeable battery so if we want we can carry around an extra battery.

Do without the mp3 playback. Won't ever use it or want to.

And very important.. buttons for page turns where we ACTUALLY PLACE OUR HANDS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote