View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #17
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by james43 View Post
I have tried both OmniPage and Abbyy Fine Reader but they give you this format that has weird stuff not allowing you to reformat properly. The only on I have found that gives you formatting that uses normal text and doesn't give you textboxes and pictrureboxes and strange margins is MeOCR. I use it often and it gives me pretty good results.
You can configure most of good quality OCR programs to give you exact layout - textboxes, or just retain basic text formatting (such as italics, bold, centered text), or even plain text.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote