Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #43
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Yes, that is a more appealing phrase. The other term I've heard is "stream of consciousness" writing - which, I guess, covers one aspect of it (one thing that sometimes happens while you're writing), but gives the impression that the end result is some sort of brain-dump, as if the writer is going to publish the first thing that comes out, which is just silly.

"stream of consciousness" is something different, at least as I was taught in college. That is when you just start writing something, never go back, and do not worry much about perfect syntax, structure, etc. It is intended to mimic how people actually think. It can be very disjointed/etc because people tend to jump around mentally.

That is nothing like writing a novel by the Discovery Method as we are still working towards a structured story told with good syntax/etc.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote