View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by firite View Post
Hi guys,

Apologies for a new post on this, but I've tried searching the forums and I've been bothering geekmaster too much for his own good. Apologies for this irritating messages! The problem here is that my kindle could not successfully update to 5.1 and then got stuck at the diags screen. So what I did is follow the unbricking guide, and first flashboot the device to get mmcblk0p2 ssh on to it.

Then, in order to get mmcblk0p1 onto the touch, I learnt that I would have to gain SSH access to transfer it onto the other partition. Here lies the problem. While I have been able to install the NDIS drivers, and adjust the IP address of the connection to be a static 192.168.15.1, and at the same time enable USBnet on my kindle in diags mode, when I try to use putty.exe to connect to the kindle, I get the "connection refused" dialogue. What am I doing wrong, and if so, what steps do I need to take? I apologise, I am running windows 7, and I really need some hand holding down to root ssh access.
Diags menu N) U) Z) X) wait 30 seconds, then connect with Putty. Login is root, passwd is mario.

The root drive is diags. To mount and repair main, do

mnt /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/mmc

then fix stuff inside /mnt/mmc (which will be / when boot to main).

To boot to main type:

idme -d --bootmode main
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
sync
reboot

This is documented many times in the debricking threads (and the first post).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote