View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
I do an in depth time line with important plot devices which have to exist to carry the story, which helps with the pace too.
then when I write, most often fleshing out the details is not nearly as hard when you know you have to include A, B, and C. The timeline itself is in a constant state of flux as I add to subplots. This helps me do things like include small details with huge relivence which I may otherwise forget, while letting the story "uncover" itself, as Stephen King says in "On Writing".
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote