View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #1107
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyb9 View Post
I did because I read many posts about debricking yesterday, and found out that sometimes doing a
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3
helped to debrick. I did it also because I was frustrated in not having any SSH after "fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2_ssh.img", so I tried a "fastboot erase diags" before it.

I know about fastboot being something made for android ported to KT, so not everything may work or report an OK while not working (e.g.: flashing a large 128MB main .img).

No, in fact I expected the defaults while I found my books, jbpatcher, a CBR reading app, screensaver, gui launcher, etc.

I also did a
Code:
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/cygdrive/f/randfile
before disconnecting the KT.

Yes I know it sounds very strange, unfortunately these are the symptoms.
You are confusing /dev/mmcblk0p3 and /dev/mmcblk0p4.
More info: Kindle_Touch_Hacking#Partitions.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote