View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #47
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
I was able to get my hands on the [very last ?] ION book saver from the Netherlands yesterday. The unit works OK, but one of the cameras is slightly out of focus. Upon reviewing the central-housing's electronics, it appears one can get to the cameras; and dare I say, adjust them for better focus?

I am going to review the hardware and see if this is feasible. If I can get the 2nd camera into good focus, then I believe this unit will serve the purpose of getting me raw page scan information to go from OCR to MOBI, for enabling Kindle text-to-speech.
If these cameras are fixed without any focal adjustment possibilities, I will just return the unit since it would not serve anyone to scan a book like this; for OCR or anything else.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote