View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #28
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by temetka View Post
My NC is rooted with Manual Nooter and to be honest I am very very close to resetting it back to stock. What I wanted was what others had mentioned: I wanted the B&N home screen and stuff, with an android marketplace icon under my apps so I could install stuff from there. I guess we cant actually have that. That being said I have purchased quite a few apps from the B&N marketplace and none (that weren't free) from the android marketplace. I actually quite like the stock software. My only problem with going back to stock is that I am lazy. I have over 200 downloaded e-books on my NC and all of them are properly files in their categorized shelves. It would take me a long time to redo that.
You want what I want so hopefully this will help you get your NC set up pretty close to how you would like it. This is what I did and it seems to work great. First I enabled softkeys. I then went into softkeys settings and set softkeys home key to go to the B&N home with a quick press. Then I set it to go to Zeam launcher with a long press. I then set the softkeys to keep a shortcut in my notification tray. I also set my main N button on my NC to go to the B&N home. So all I have to do is press the N like normal and use my NC like it is stock (but with a better keyboard and browser). And when I do want to do something with my non-B&N apps I hit the softkeys and long press on the home icon. That takes me right to zeam and only takes 3 seconds.

If at any time you need to get to either home (B&N or Zeam) and you don't have your softkeys enabled, just do a search. Home should bring up B&N home and zeam should bring up the zeam launcher. It takes a bit longer but it is there if you need it.

I also set my browser button on b&n home to go to Opera mini instead of the stock browser, but that doesn't work 100% of the time. I can't seem to get Dolphin browser to show up in the market. I wonder if I had the apk if I could install it with Root Explorer?

Oh and I don't know if any of you are aware, but don't let your NC install any Adobe Flash or Adobe Air updates. It will throw yiu rooted NC into a bootloop and you will have to start from scratch. If it does update go into NookColor tools app, select application management (or something like that I can't remember if that is the actual header) go to all and select those apps. If it did update there should be an option to uninstall that update and set you back to what you had. There is also a flash install to help prevent this but I don't know if it actually works. I found it at the xda forums and all you do is put it on your memory card and install just like the manual root. I have a thread here about my problems and there are links there.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote