View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #10
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Uhhhh... Why do that?
I so agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@pghaworth: changing the tweak doesn't change the values in the database. You need to force calibre to do an update to the metadata of every book. There are three general ways to do that.

1) Select all the books, then right-click and select 'Edit metadata individually'. As each box opens, hit return without changing anything. The title sort value will be updated. If you have a lot of books, you will get tired of hitting return.

2) Double-click in a title and hit return. Updates the title to what it was before, but applying the tweak. Again, if you have a lot of books, this method will be annoying.

3) If your author_sort values are all computed from the author values, then you can force the recomputation in one step by selecting all your books, hitting 'E' to get to bulk metadata edit, checking the 'Automatically set author sort' box, and pressing OK. Calibre will change the author sort to what it already is, recomputing the title sort in the process. This is what I would do.
1. & 2. Thank you. First made an ID10T error, fixed it, and then realized that I needed to fix the affected titles after I posted and have since fixed the titles.

3. Took me a bit to analyze what I needed to put in the tweak box to make it come out right but finally figured it out and author sort is now working properly in all instances. THIS ROCKS!

Having all my titles sorting properly, and all my authors formatted the way I like them, is so satisfying.

Yes, I do have a tiny, tiny, minuscule really, life... ...and Calibre rocks my world.

Thanks for all the help.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote