View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Travelling with Kobo

I'm about to take my first trip with my Kobo. This is the reason I wanted one in the first place: I have 10 unread books ready to go (plus the 100 classics should I finish all of mine, or find some of the free/89 cent specials not to my taste).

Of course, now it occurs to me that it is a single point of failure. Lose it or drop it (on the ground or into the pool) or get sand into it and there go all my reading plans. Anyway. I'll be careful! So other than my charging cord with an AC/USB plug, a baggie (to read beachside), and a paper clip in case of errors, what else should I be thinking of ahead of time?

Should I want to add a book, I'm out of luck while traveling, right? There is no direct web-to-Kobo transfer, even if my hotel has internet computers with USB. And my iPhone is no help unfortunately. (well I can use the Kobo app on my iPhone to download and read books in a real emergency; but reading on it is somewhat tedious)

Thanks!
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote