View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
It's not a knee-jerk comparison. The war isn't "lost": most e-books are cheaper than their paper counterpart. It seems that people in general are unwilling to pay more for an e-book than for the paper book.
It seems we're actually agreeing (accept for the part about it being a knee-jerk reaction--which I still contend it is). The "war" I was referring to is the one being fought by the vocal few who believe that ebooks should be vastly cheaper than their print counterparts. Like half-price. Ain't gonna happen.

And there's already many people who never even consider the print version when book shopping. I expect that number to only keep increasing. The relevance of the print price compared to the electronic price is diminishing for the average reader with each passing day. I believe that connection will eventually be tenuous at best... precisely because new, young readers won't compare the two mediums with the same knee-jerk reaction as the older generation(s).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-29-2013 at 08:30 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote