View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
There is no Swiss Army knife for readers. The Kindle is, first and foremost, a text reader. The iPad is a color device for web access and, if you don't mind the small screen, a decent PDF reader. It is, for me, simply too heavy and uncomfortable to use for reading over any period of time. I am spoiled for internet access because I hate tiny, inadequate screens for PDF and web page displays and I simply cannot use the little toy keyboards on such devices. I know the current rage for iPads and such, but for me, there is no gap between my laptop and my Kindle to be filled with one.

I never use the browser in my K3 (I don't even know if it works or not) and I never use 3G because I have better tools for doing so. The K3 is near-perfect because of it's superior screen in normal reading light, its light weight (7.9 oz.), comfortable size, reasonable price, and its multiple-week recharge cycle.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote