View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know the source, but I've seen some code from a self-published eBook on Amazon that was dreadful. I think Amazon should make sure that all code is not that bad before allowing it to be for sale.
If the book passes the inbound error checks, Amazon relies on customer feedback to decide if a book should be pulled for formatting or other errors. So far, the best luck I've had with complaints has been directly to the author when the author is accessible. Though one ebook I purchased from Amazon several years back is still getting reviews commenting on the number of misspellings, homonym misuse, etc. I've never bothered to read another book from that author -- when you can't keep your alien race names consistent from chapter to chapter, why would anyone waste their time to try to read your book?

As for use of Vellum, I find it more in my XYL's ebooks than in the ebooks I read.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote