View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Much better with the old version. This is very annoying. I can choose between increased possibility for bad spacing or non-working dictionary for some words. Why remove a working and good behaviour instead of just making it an option.
I agree that the specific case you illustrated does look worse, but you wouldn't read at that font size, would you? At very large font sizes, full justification often looks bad because you have so few words, and so much white space, on a line. Best to switch to left justification in that situation. At a normal reading font size, the text looks perfectly OK.

I wonder why they changed it, though? It's presumably some "side effect" of adding hyphenation support, but it does seem a little odd.

Having now spent several hours with it, I'd give it a definite "thumbs up". In the overwhelming majority of circumstances, it's a definite improvement to the appearance of the text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote