View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
von Harbou, Thea: Metropolis. v1. Jun 07

I created this LRF file originally for myself, as I've been archiving my own material (don't ask!)... so I thought I'd make it available for the Reader here. (Let me know if any other formats would be appreciated.)

Metropolis is the novel written by Thea von Harbou for her husband, moviemaker Fritz Lang... and is therefore the text from which the groundbreaking 1926 movie is based. Although the movie does not survive intact, the book provides an excellent source of original material, and shows the incredible depth of the original story.

The story depicts the inevitable clash between the elite, living in their ivory towers, and the slavish workers who run the machines of the city. It is also a power struggle between the Master of the city, Joh Frederson, his idealistic son, Freder, and the genius scientist Rotwang who lost his love to Joh Frederson. Caught in the middle is Maria, the girl who captures Freder's interest in the workers' plight, and who unwittingly starts a revolution that may destroy the great Metropolis!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote