View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #54
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backi View Post
DaleDe, you just misunderstood the whole conversation. I posted, that since may 2011 there is a b/w 2400x1650 display and wondered, how long it would take to bring out a color display based on it, which would obviously have 1200x825.
PF4Mobile suggested to look, how long it took to bring out a color display based on the Hanvon E920 b/w 1600x1200 display, which has 800x600.
So I don't need to read the wiki, you just need to read the posts carefully.
Since I wasn't answering your post then I stand by mine. However, your post of 1200x825 based on a subpixel density of 300 is, as you have said, been demonstrated although no actual product has ever been produced to my knowledge. 1200x825 is not the same as 1600x1200 so it is not based on the Hanvon design or pixel density. The Epson controller is capable of 2560 x 2048 @ 85 Hz for a color display so the limit is as it has always been how small can you make a subpixel.

I respond to the post that I quote, not to some post somewhere else. And my post is generally for the edification of other readers, not only one person. However, you personally seem to understand how this works, so it was clearly not aimed directly at you. 300 pixels per inch (150 ppi color) is not quite enough to satisfy some of the people in the particular thread it would seem, and it should all be done for a couple hundred bucks, while we're at it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote